- Salary: 2010-2021 stipends:
- PL1 59,063
- PL2 61,413
- PL3 64,179
- Vacation: 3 weeks
- Holiday break: Strategic scheduling during the holiday season to allow residents to travel and spend time with family.
- Maternity and paternity leave: Parental leave is arranged in advance and individualized needs are accommodated.
- Child Care: Hospital-sponsored Child Development Center is available and is located on campus to provide child care for employees of St. Louis Children's Hospital and Washington University School of Medicine. The center is open from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, with extended evening care available until 8 p.m. Programs are available for infants through kindergarten-age children year-round, and summer camp is available for school-age children.
- Insurance: Medical, dental, vision, basic life, accidental death/disability, and dependent life insurance with employee/employer contributions.
- Malpractice: Employer pays for malpractice insurance.
- Reimbursement Accounts: Employees may contribute to reimbursement accounts, which permit yearly health care and/or child care expenses to be paid with pre-tax dollars.
- Occupational Health Service: Located in St. Louis Children's Hospital and available to all employees.
- Family and Medical Leave Act: Leave may be requested for a personal health condition, the care of a new child, or the health care of a seriously ill family member. This unpaid leave may be granted after one year of employment for a maximum of 12 weeks in a 12-month period per stipulations of FMLA and after use of vacation and sick time.
- Non-FMLA: Additional leave may be granted at the program director’s discretion.
Due to the unique circumstances of COVID-19, the following are temporarily suspended:
- Bonuses: Residents are eligible to receive the Employees Exceeding Expectations (EEE) bonuses that apply to all SLCH employees. These are given quarterly based on Patient Satisfaction Surveys.
- Retirement: Employees are still able to contribute to retirement accounts. St. Louis Children's Hospital 401(k) plan is temporarily suspending the up to a 1.75% matching.